The ultimate CLASSICAL alto saxophone mouthpiece!
The Theo Wanne™ WATER mouthpiece has been in Research and Development for over four years. The sound concept of the WATER is unlike any other Theo Wanne™ mouthpiece; it is designed entirely for the classically trained musician.
“The WATER mouthpiece draws out my true classical sound. Intonation and response are fantastic. It has an incredible dynamic range I’ve never experienced on any other classical mouthpiece. Definitely now my favorite mouthpiece for classical music!” – Professor Matthais Anton (Professor at Staatliche Hochschule für Musik Trossingen, lecturer of ear training & music theory at the Hohner Conservatory Trossingen)
You will find a rich beautiful core to the sound, in fact, richer than any other classical mouthpiece we tested vintage or new. This is intentional and due to a truly unique small chamber/throat that compresses the airstream. Theo’s new design technology channels the compressed air stream into the saxophone neck tube in a unique way resulting in a sound richer, and not pinched, like other small chamber designs.
The Shark-Gill™ Baffle developed by Theo is also very unique. It both channels and disrupts the airstream at the same time. This is similar to the flow of water over a sharks skin allowing it to travel faster. The air fills up the full volume of the small chamber/throat more efficiently.
You will find the WATER to have enough resistance for the classical musician, yet it never feels clogged or like you must fight the mouthpiece. The WATER comes only in size 3. We are very proud of this very unique design in the Classical Mouthpiece World, and hope you enjoy it as much as we do. As part of the new Elements Series, this mouthpiece has ALL the Theo Wanne™ quality, yet we can offer it at a very nice price, and the Elements Series is already winning awards!
- The ultimate classical mouthpiece.
- The most expressive traditional sound you’ve ever heard!
- Retains the resistance and body to the sound classical musicians require.
- Small chamber for a full, yet clean yet articulate sound.
- Theo Wanne’s proprietary Shark-gill™ baffle.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of classical mouthpiece history; perfect side and tip rails!
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage mouthpieces.
- Premium Hard Rubber: The WATER uses the finest vintage style hard rubber on the planet!
- Vintage Style Box: A dark grey and metallic gold Theo Wanne™ mouthpiece box.
- Drawstring Pouch: A beautiful Theo Wanne™ microfiber draw-string mouthpiece pouch.
- Pairs Perfectly with our Alto XL ENLIGHTENED Ligature (not included)
“The WATER mouthpiece helped me draw out my true classical sound. Intonation and response are fantastic. It has just an incredible dynamic range that I have never experienced on any other classical mouthpiece. It is definitely now my favorite mouthpiece for classical music!” – Professor Matthais Anton (Professor at Staatliche Hochschule für Musik Trossingen, lecturer of ear training & music theory at the Hohner Conservatory Trossingen)
“The WATER mouthpiece has a true classical sound, yet does not limit me like every other classical mouthpiece I have ever tried. The WATER mouthpiece is something extraordinary!” – Dr. Jeremy Brown (Professor, University of Calgary)
“Just had a friend come by the store. She’s been waiting for the Water mouthpiece restock for a while now. She tried your Water and it was an instant love for her. She said she’s found new love on this Valentine’s Day. Thank you for doing what you do!” – Chara Teh (Music Gear Singapore)
Professor Matthias Anton playing ‘Aufnahme’ on the Theo Wanne™ WATER alto mouthpiece: