Our most versatile saxophone mouthpiece, for all styles.
The MANTRA alto mouthpiece has a thick, full and clear sound versatile enough for all types of playing! It has more power than a vintage Meyer style mouthpiece, yet is not ‘bright’ like a high baffle mouthpiece. The Rolling Stones (Karl Denson) is currently touring with the MANTRA alto mouthpiece.
“You can lay back and get almost a classical sound as well as push the issue and fill the room with clear centered sound and not be freakishly harsh or unpleasant. Imagine an all around mouthpiece that truly lives up to the players needs. Theo’s really onto something here. Do yourself a favor and try it for yourself.” – Jimmy Haag (Diana Ross, Lou Rawls, Tommy Dorsey)
“I have hundreds of mouthpieces but haven’t had the urge to change since I’ve played these Mantras!” – Sam Phipps (Oingo Boingo)
The MANTRA combines both a shallow-step and roll-over baffle, and adds the Theo Wanne proprietary small “shark-gill” chamber. This is not a True Large Chamber like many other Theo Wanne™ designs, but a very unique small chamber evolved from Theo’s study of boundary layer effect and boat hull design. These features give the MANTRA enough projection and depth to be suitable for both Rock n’ Roll, and more traditional ballad playing as well.
Like all Theo Wanne™ products the MANTRA is made using Theo’s state-of-the-art design and manufacturing technologies. You will receive the most consistent and highest quality mouthpiece available in history.
- Versatile and lively, with a big core sound.
- Good for all music, from Rock n’ Roll to traditional mellow music!
- Revolutionary Small Shark-Gill Chamber™ with a medium step AND roll-over baffle.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case! Like the case? See our other mouthpiece and reed cases here!
- Plating: Reticulated 24K Gold plating with Bright Nickel highlights (standard on metal mouthpieces), and Vintified (special order).
- Ligature: The MANTRA includes our integrated two-point contact Gold Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate. To truly individualize your sound, try our premium pressure plates, which fit all of our mouthpieces and ligatures!.
- Cap: Our Reed Replacer Cap is most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User replaceable bite pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads. Try our varying hardness bite pads to personalize the feel.
“Surprisingly responsive and reed friendly. I have hundreds of mouthpieces but haven’t had the urge to change since I’ve played these Mantras!” – Sam Phipps (Oingo Boingo)
“Your mouthpieces are like drugs to an addict. You eventually realize there is no going back ever. Once you’ve discovered a Theo Wanne Mouthpiece, your life is changed forever. What once appeared to be quite useable is now obsolete. No one can ever go back to playing what worked before. The addiction is now uncontrollable. You crave what’s in Theo’s next inspiration. I’m hopelessly hooked. You’ve got me and there’s no cure.” – Jimmy Haag (DianaRoss, Lou Rawls, Tommy Dorsey)
“Clear, effortless altissimo, yet a full, warm sub-tone in the lower register. This mouthpiece allows me to achieve whatever it is I am looking for!” – Elan Trotman (Roberta Flack; ‘Best male jazz performer’ by New England Urban Music Awards)
“WOW, that’s amazing!” – Grace kelly (The Late Show with Stephen Colbert)