There has never been a freer baritone mouthpiece!
The DURGA 3 baritone produces a HUGE sound that takes the Baritone Saxophone to a whole new level. REALLY! The baritone saxophone feels like a truly ‘improved’ instrument.
The DURGA 3 has far more body and core to the sound than the original DURGA. It is also even more versatile, allowing it to be used for almost all types of music. We are proud to say that Leo P (Too Many Zoos) , James King (Lady Gaga) and Jamie Michael Harris (Michael Jackson) use the DURGA!
Also, if you have watched the legendary TV show ‘The Simpson’s‘, then you have heard the DURGA baritone mouthpiece. Lisa Simpson’s solos are all recorded on the DURGA!
There has never been a mouthpiece designed like the DURGA 3 baritone. There are many ‘secrets’ in this new design;) The DURGA mouthpiece is so freeing, and fun to play, you won’t want to put your horn down
“The DURGA is incredible in every way. As a studio and jazz player I need to be very subtle at times and then I need to utterly explode. The DURGA definitely fills the bill. You have created the most amazing mouthpiece that incorporates so many wonderful musical possibilities. Congratulations on another masterpiece!” – Terry Harrington (Lisa Simpson’s Sax on The Simpsons for 20 years)
- Versatile HUGE Sound appropriate for most types of music!
- Effortlessly fills the room!
- It is so unique; it really has to be played to be understood and believed.
- Uniquely shaped long and low step baffle with roll-over.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case! Like the case? See our other Mouthpiece and Reed Cases here!
- Serial Number: Includes serial number showing care given to your mouthpiece.
- Plating: Reticulated 24K Gold plating on metal mouthpiece.
- Premium Hard Rubber: The Hard Rubber DURGA 3 uses the finest vintage style hard rubber on the planet!
- Ligature: The metal DURGA includes our integrated two-point contact 24K Gold Plated Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate. The Hard Rubber DURGA includes the Enlightened Ligature, rated #1 ligature in the world. To truly individualize your sound, try our premium Pressure Plates, which fit all of our mouthpieces and ligatures!.
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap. The most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads. Try our varying hardness bite pads to personalize the feel.
- California residents please click here for Proposition 65 WARNING
“The DURGA Baritone is the best mouthpiece I’ve ever played on this instrument! Powerful like a shotgun but I could easily sub-tone on some of the play-offs and quiet sections, brilliant!! Consistent throughout, never had this ease of playing altissimo on Baritone before, mid range and low end are brutal!! DAMMNN!!” – Jamie Michael Harris (Michael Jackson, Mo Pleasure, Earth Wind and Fire, Bette Midler)
“I am playing on both the tenor and baritone DURGA mouthpieces, which are incredible in every way. The DURGA mouthpieces remain my favorite because of the versatility and the tremendous dynamics that are possible with them. As a studio and jazz player I need to be very subtle at times and then I need to utterly explode. The DURGA definitely fills the bill. Once again, you have created the most amazing mouthpiece that incorporates so many wonderful musical possibilities. Congratulations on another masterpiece!” – Terry Harrington (Lisa Simpson’s Sax on The Simpsons for 20 years
“I have not played a better mouthpiece than the DURGA baritone!” -Greg Abate (Rhode Island Hall of Fame)
“The DURGA is here and……I AM SPEECHLESS. No kidding. I need a few days till I get un-daZed from it. There’s so much in it…man…I’m at an all time bliss. For the record- THE BEST METAL BARI MOUTHPIECE EVER MADE. It’s made better than you could dream of-and it plays. Nuff said.” -Tim Price (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
“WWWOOOOWW! The DURGA Baritone is everything I had hoped it would be. I have been searching for a mouthpiece that would play like this for soooo long. Theo truly has a handle on what needs to be done. I played it for three hours straight last night. Couldn’t put it down….. The heavy brass ligature plate locked the focus in so well. I couldn’t believe what a difference there was between plates. Theo knows what he is talking about. Please pass the word to Theo that he has hit another home run!” – Steve
“The DURGA baritone mouthpiece is the best I’ve ever had, and believe me, I have tried many! It has full and rich notes with gravity and the high notes are much more open.” – Nedo Carli
“My Theo Wanne DURGA Bari Mouthpiece is AWESOME!!! The mouthpiece rocks from soft ballad style to TOP style and everything in between.” – Zach F
“Love this piece. Easy blowing, clear sound from all angles (loud and screaming to almost cello-like classic timbre. You really know what You are doing :))))))))))))))) And your advertising says, unlike others, the truth.” -Wolfgang W.
“I recently purchased the DURGA 7* for baritone. I was shocked at how easy it was to play (I use Rico #4’s). Not only the volume, which is what MOST modern mouthpieces give you, but the overall symmetry of the tone from top to the bottom was outstanding! I am currently the only reed player in the Broadway revival of HAIR and the book is 90% baritone. The pleasure your mp gives to me every performance is so gratifying and the guys seem to notice that the tunes where I get to stretch out, since I’m NOT worrying about the horn, reed , mp, etc, are more spontaneous! What a wonder. No stress, just slap a reed on and have a great time. Thanks again for a great piece. I usually play vintage pieces but the DURGA really turned my head around.” – Allen Won
“I’ve been ‘out there’ gigging for well over 45 years and I the DURGA is the best piece that I have ever used. I can’t believe the ease with which the DURGA baritone plays. The sound is stronger when needed than my custom made metal Lawton. I’m using it in all venues I play in, shows, big band and blues band sections and it delivers what I need for all. It’s a keeper” -Brian
“I think the Durga has to be the new gold standard against which all other bari mouthpieces are measured. The R&B setting is a great test for baritone sax – playing at the extreme top and bottom range of the horn, clarity of sound, intonation, blend, power, dynamic control. The DURGA addressed all of the issues I was having in this setting.” – Steve Bagnell
“The Bari DURGA is off the hook. OMG!!! Please see if anyone wants to buy my Lawton Bari.” -Mike