Our brightest alto mouthpiece. The biggest, baddest sound possible!
The SHIVA ‘The Destroyer’ alto mouthpiece has TONS of power, edge and projection, all with a huge core sound rich in harmonics!
Our most powerful alto mouthpiece, the SHIVA combines both a step and roll-over baffle, along with a very special proprietary small chamber unlike anything ever made before. Theo has spent years in research and development on this model to ensure it being a classic in history. The SHIVA’s huge power and projection making it suitable for Rock n’ Roll, R&B, Jazz or any situation where dynamics and power are important.
It is currently being used by James King (Lady Gaga, Fitz and the Tantrums), Jordan Donald on tour with Stevie Wonder, as well as by Mark Douthit (Elton John, Michael McDonald), and many many others.
It is available in red-marbled premium hard rubber!
- Great for Rock & Roll, Jazz, and R&B, or anywhere a big powerful sound is needed.
- Projects a sensual tone that is flirtatious and erotic. It makes everyone want to dance!
- It is so unique; it really has to be played to be understood and believed.
- High step baffle with roll-over and a very unique innovative small chamber.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case! Like the case? See our other mouthpiece and reed cases here!
- Premium Hard Rubber: Uses a special Red-Marble Hard Rubber which is the finest vintage style hard rubber on the planet!
- Ligature: Comes with the Enlightened Ligature. To truly individualize your sound, try our premium pressure plates, which fit all of our mouthpieces and ligatures!.
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap. The most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User replaceable bite pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads. Try our varying hardness bite pads to personalize the feel.
- California residents please click here for Proposition 65 WARNING
“The Shiva 2 is very flexible and effortless to play! I could immediately feel the difference in the way it responds. The lows are smooth and the highs are strong, hands down the best mouthpiece I’ve ever played.” – Jordan Donald (Stevie Wonder)
” The SHIVA 2 alto mouthpiece is the best alto mouthpiece I’ve tried. I can do everything I want to do and more! Amazing!” – James King (Lady Gaga, Fitz and the Tantrums)
“The SHIVA Alto is so perfect for me! And talk about versatile…I’ve played traditional style lead alto on stage with the symphony and also played in screaming fusion jazz groups, and it does it all. It has allowed me a new level of creativity like never before! The SHIVA is the easiest playing mouthpiece I’ve ever used. It has a complex sound and plays very well in tune while allowing a lot of upper partials to come through. At the same time, it has a great core and warmth making for a round yet cutting overall sound. Very fun to play! A couple of peers have let me try their mouthpieces, and, although, I’m sure they may be great mouthpieces for someone, they just pale in comparison to my Theo Wanne mouthpieces. Nothing lets me move air like the SHIVA. It’s like it was designed just for me…haha! I feel very fortunate!.” – Mark Douthit (Elton John, Billy Joel, Lionel Ritchie, Amy grant)
“WOW! This mouthpiece is crazy good. It’s so flexible, like driving a lamborghini! Mouthpiece of choice for me!” – Keith McKelley (David Mason, Earth Wind & Fire, Usher)
“This SHIVA Alto mouthpieces is the best alto mouthpiece I have ever played on!” – Pat Belliveau (Prime Time Big Band)
“I love it. The SHIVA alto is bright, but not an “annoying” brightness. It has lots of body and full sound. It creates a beautiful round sound and is easy to control. It is very easy to control, and I can either play it bright or darker, depending on my reed. It Is super comfortable, and a beautiful piece of art as well. Simply a piece or art in all senses!” – Emilie Sierra (Tito Puente, The Temptations)